Skip to main content

short-stay visa

If you want to come to Belgium for less than 3 months and you are a a non-EU/EEA national, you may require a ‘short-stay visa type C'. A visa is a sticker which is placed in your passport by the consulate of a Schengen country, granting permission to stay in the Schengen area for a specific period.

Check the  list of nationalities which do not require a short stay visa.

How to apply? 

Personally at the competent Belgian embassy or consulate, or at the embassy of the Schengen country which represents Belgium in the country where you live. They will provide you with more information about the visa and the conditions.

Further information

You can find all the information on the visa type C for the Schengen area on the FPS Foreign Affairs website.

Detected timezone